What do toxins do? Why detoxify? In the Blue-Zones where people live healthy, productive lives to above age 80, daily detoxification is enhanced due to the structure of the water, colloidal minerals in the soil and general lack of toxins. Most of us are exposed daily to high levels of toxins (i.e. chemicals, pesticides, water contaminants, food preservatives, heavy metals and electromagnetic radiation) through our food, water, air, body and home products. These toxins lodge in the bowel, liver, gallbladder, kidneys, lymphatic system, skin and especially fat tissue. The toxic build up prevents the normal uptake and utilization of nutrients, carbohydrates and proteins. It reduces the body’s oxygen uptake and creates an acidic, septic, low-energy state, prone to disease. Toxic build up contributes to inflammatory conditions like: ● Allergies and sinus conditions ● Skin conditions (such as acne, eczema, and psoriasis) ● Joint pain, arthritis ● Chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia ● Digestive problems (such as irritable bowel syndrome, constipation and inflammatory bowel disease) ● Hormonal imbalance (such as PMS, PCOS, endometriosis, fibroids and menopausal symptoms) ● Weight gain ● Alzheimer’s, diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol ● Cancer Detoxification aids the body to function optimally by stimulating the body’s natural means of processing and eliminating. It reverses the body’s acidic state and oxygenates the cells so they can function optimally. Who Should Detoxify? It is not a question of whether you’ve been exposed to toxins – the question is how much impact they are having on your health. So, anyone who desires: ● well-being ● correction of disease ● or prevention of disease should detoxify daily and also seasonally with a specific protocol to enhance the body’s natural mechanisms of detoxification. More specifically those who want to optimize disease prevention and cure, hormone therapy, weight loss, cholesterol, diabetic/ sugar control should follow a basic daily detoxification protocol and repeat seasonally. How to Detoxify? There are two parts to effective detoxification. The first step is to reduce toxic exposures and the second step is to enhance the body’s ability to eliminate toxins daily through the bowel, liver, gallbladder, lymphatic system, kidney and skin. Step 1 is to Reduce toxic exposures to substances, Step 2 is to increase elimination of toxins for 8 weeks, then resume daily detoxification methods.
Step 1: Reduce exposure to toxic substances Substance Rule of Thumb Toxins from House Products and daily activities:
● Household cleaners ● Detergents ● Smoke ● Gasoline ● Paint & Glue ● Use vinegar, lemon, lemon oil, baking soda and other natural, edible, ingredients for cleaning. ● City Maid Green and Little Green Spa are local examples toxic free ●
Down Load App //www.thinkdirtyapp.com/, EWG.com and screen products for safety. If the product is not listed use general principles.
● Use natural substances for insulation of home.
For example: glue and paint as available from //eartheasy.com/ Toxins from food and drink:
● GMO ● Alcohol ● Preservatives ● Dyes ● Pesticides ● Fertilizers ● Heavy metal in large fish and amalgams ● Contaminated water ● Chlorinated and brominated products ● Eat Organic Food, fruits, vegetables ● Drink filtered, chlorine-free, structured water. ● Shower in chlorine-free water. ● Avoid Processed/ boxed/ canned foods ● Read the labels for ingredients. If an ingredient does not sound like food, it probably is not food. ● Avoid King Mackerel, Swordfish, Tilefish, Shark. ● Eat Flounder, Salmon, Sardines, Herring, Catfish. See website:
● Limit alcohol to less than 3 drinks per week. ● Get tested for heavy metals through urine challenge test. Body products: ● Petroleum-based preservatives in skin and hair care products ● Nail polish & Perfumes ● What is applied to your skin is absorbed like you put it in your mouth. So, if you would not eat it remain cautious about applying to your body. ● Even “organic” products may be preserved with toxins so look for essential oil preservatives on label such as orange oil and lemon oil. ● Make your own skin lotions with organic shea butter, coconut oil, jojoba, olive oil and essential oils ElectroMagnetic Fields EMF: ● Cell phones, WiFi ● Cordless phones, SMART meter, Air planes ● Hospital radiology departments ● Keep cell phones, WiFi, electronic clocks and computers at least 8 feet distance, especially where you sleep. Turn off WiFi at nite ● Protect your home by applying Volcanic Ash (Dragonite from PRL) around entire house, 2 feet deep and around SMART Meters) ● Remove SMART Meters through electric company ● Apply an energy tested EMF protection device to your phone (q-disk or Defender Shield) Step 2: Increase elimination of toxins: Daily Detoxification and Basic detoxification Protocol (takes 4-8 weeks) Daily Detoxification ● Drink >100 ounces of structured water with PRL Pink Salt and lemon ● Add Probiotics as fermented foods and supplements ● Drink organic, pressed juices ● Eat 50% vegetables with every meal ● Breathe deeply and exercise daily (Use rebounder 10 minutes) Or Exercise With Oxygen Therapy (EWOT) or Far-Infra Red Sauna ● Stay Positive and Joyous and say NO to toxic associations ● Make sure your urine pH in morning is >6.7 so daily detoxification is optimal Basic, seasonal detoxification 8 weeks (4 week bowel, 4 week liver etc) suggest 2 times Week 1: 7 day Vegetable Cleanse, Vegetables only from cleansing vegetable list below ● Eat 8 different colors of vegetables per day in soups, salads, roasted, and stewed. Organic preferred. The more raw food the better. Eat lots of crucifers. Refer to vegetable list. ● Avoid Meat, fish, eggs, dairy as they increase burden on intestines. ● Avoid Fried, charred, overcooked, microwaved, canned, processed and boxed foods. ● Avoid coffee, tea, soda as they are acid forming. ● Drink >100 ounces of pure water with Pink Salt with lemon Week 2-8 and indefinitely
● Maintain plate ratio for each meal of 50% vegetables cooked or raw, 25% complex carbohydrates, 25% lean protein (meat, fish or plant protein such as hemp, rice, lentil) Cleansing Vegetables Alfalfa sprouts Artichokes Arugula Asparagus Bean Sprouts Cauliflower Celery Chard/ Kale Clover Sprouts Collard greens Lettuce (Spring Mix) Mushrooms Napa Cabbage Okra Olives (5-6 day) Tomato Watercress Edamame Zucchini Yellow squash Beets Bell Peppers Bok Choy Broccoli Brussels Sprouts Cabbage Carrots Cucumber Eggplant Endive Lettuce Green beans Hot Peppers Jicama Leeks Onions Peas Radishes Rapinni Snow Peas Spinach Spring onion Sunflower Sprouts Legumes/beans/ lentils Chick peas Nutritional Flakes Fermented- + Foods:+ (Kim Chi/Veggies) *Lentils & Peas up to ¾ cup cooked combined with 2 cup vegetables cooked.