Call us now


Visit our office

250 Mathis Ferry Road, Suite 101
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464

What Is EMR And Why Is It A Problem?

What Is EMR And Why Is It A Problem?

By Dr. Patrick Lovegrove Medically Reviewed by Lindsay Langley, BSN, RN, CHT
Posted Thursday, March 28th, 2019
EMR stands for electromagnetic radiation

What is EMR? EMR stands for electromagnetic radiation. Mobile devices, appliances, power lines, smart-meter networks, and cell towers generate non-ionizing radiation from magnetic fields. The electromagnetic radiation (EMR) from the sources can damage our deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA). EMR is a form of energy that surrounds us daily, every day, and is known as “electropollution.” From the most known sources, like our mobile devices and kitchen appliances, to the lesser recognized like the electrical wiring in our walls, lighting, hairdryers, refrigerator, washer/dryer, air conditioner, keyless car entry, etc.

Why is Electromagnetic radiation a problem?

Our body is a conductor of energy. Anything that affects the energy field affects the body either positively or negatively. Natural energy sources, like the sun, heal the body. Electromagnetic radiation’s effects can be beneficial, but we have unleashed the unknown. And we are starting to see serious problems. It includes DNA damage because of EMR. University of Colorado & University of Washington research demonstrates single and double-strand breaks DNA from exposure to a cellular phone EMR. (Dr. Cherry of Lincoln University of New Zealand 2002) – Melatonin reduction.

Sixteen studies have observed significant EMR-associated melatonin reduction in humans. Melatonin is critical in falling asleep. Melatonin secretion is beneficial. As a result, it reduces the risk of Alzheimer’s and dementia, and cancer (brain tumors).

It also shows that electromagnetic radiation from phones is associated with brain tumors on the side of the head exposed to the phone. The American Academy of Pediatrics issued an official warning in 2016 to limit cell phone proximity and use in children.

About the author

Dr. Patrick Lovegrove